The North Bay Fire Department has pegged the damage from a garage fire last night on 3rd Avenue West at $15,000.

The fire department says they were called by neighbours as no one was home at the time of the fire and the fire was quickly put out and it did not extend to the home.

There were also concerns the fire had spread to the attic area of the roof of the garage which had plenty of snow on it.

The fire department says the likely cause is an electrical device and not suspicious.

They advise only plug one heat-producing appliance into a receptacle outlet at a time and don’t use extension cords and plug strips.

Filed under: fire, north-bay-fire-department